Oregon’s Smarter Balanced Assessment
- The Smarter Balanced website provides more information about the system and its components.
- Practice tests can be accessed via the OAKS web portal.
- Oregon’s state standards and more information regarding Smarter Balanced (including PD resources and other trainings) can be found on the English language arts (ELA) and mathematics webpages.
- For more information on the accessibility supports available for Smarter Balanced testing, visit the Smarter Balanced Accessibility and Accommodations page.
These grade- and subject-specific documents provided by the Council of the Great City Schools can help you learn more about student expectations, including the types of learning activities students may encounter in their classroom, and what you can do to help them learn outside of school. You are also encouraged to reach out to the student’s school administration and teachers to talk about ways to help the student succeed.
- Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards—English Language Arts
- Guía Para Los Padres (Spanish Parent Roadmaps)—Artes Del Lenguaje en Inglés
- Parent Roadmaps to the Common Core Standards—Mathematics
- Guía Para Los Padres (Spanish Parent Roadmaps)—Matemáticas
General information about Smarter Balanced can be found on the Smarter Balanced website.